Are you considering to visit Portugal? Then, take a look at these 15 amazing pictures of Portugal and tell us if you’re not ready to learn more about this wonderful country.
Conteúdos do Artigo - Sommaire - Contents
- Here are the 15 amazing pictures of Portugal:
- 1. Benagil Beach – Algarve
- 2. 25 April Bridge – Lisbon
- 3. Penedo House – Fafe, Guimarães
- 4. Alentejo
- 5. São Miguel – Azores
- 6. Carvoeiro Beach – Algarve
- 7. Douro
- 8. Foz d’Égua
- 9. Lisbon
- 10. Madeira Island
- 11. Berlengas Archipelago
- 12. Peneda-Gerês National Park
- 13. Ponta de Garajau – Funchal, Madeira Island
- 14. Quinta da Regaleira – Sintra
- 15. Miradouro Serra do Cume – Azores
Here are the 15 amazing pictures of Portugal:
1. Benagil Beach – Algarve
You can visit the caves of Benagil beach by going on a boat tour costing 17 € on average – there are some companies you can go to.
2. 25 April Bridge – Lisbon
You can already visit Ponte 25 de Abril bridge at Pilar 7, located in Alcântara, but I’m sure many people would like to admire this bridge in a foggy morning, with Christ the King (Cristo Rei) on the other side of Tagus river watching over them.
3. Penedo House – Fafe, Guimarães
This house is located at a small village not very far from Fafe, Guimarães. If you get to visit this house, know that there are people living there so try to be quiet and don’t disturb the residents.
Alentejo is much less visited than its neighbour Algarve; don’t miss the opportunity to discover an authentic Portugal.
5. São Miguel – Azores
You don’t know where to go on your holidays? Don’t hesitate! Buy a plane ticket and go discover the Azores archipelago.
6. Carvoeiro Beach – Algarve
When you visit the Algarve, don’t miss one of the most beautiful beaches in Portugal, located in Carvoeiro.
Did you know that the famous Port wine comes from vineyards around Douro river, more than 100 kilometres away from Porto? Visit this region in September, during the grape harvest.
8. Foz d’Égua
Foz d’Égua is an idyllic village located 4 km from Piódão. As you can see in the photo, Foz d’Égua is really a “postcard” village. Here you can take some beautiful photographs, swim in the creek, cross the suspended bridge and discover the small shrine at the top of the hill.
You should visit Lisbon at least once in your lifetime and know that when you leave you will want to return.
10. Madeira Island
Are you a nature lover and enjoy beautiful landscapes? Visit Madeira Island, you’ll love it!
11. Berlengas Archipelago
12. Peneda-Gerês National Park
When you visit the North of Portugal, don’t miss the opportunity to visit the sole Portuguese national park. Aside from the beautiful landscapes, you can admire the wild animals and have fun in the park by horse riding, going on walks, tree climbing and much more.
13. Ponta de Garajau – Funchal, Madeira Island
14. Quinta da Regaleira – Sintra
When you visit Lisbon, plan a visit to Sintra and its Pena National Palace and Quinta da Regaleira – two wonderful places! You will need one day to visit these places.
15. Miradouro Serra do Cume – Azores
Are you going to visit Portugal ? Then don’t hesitate to book your hotel room, your car or the best activities by clicking the links below. This way you are helping me in the development of my blog and I’ll be able to offer you free tips and travel guides so that you can better prepare your visit to Portugal. Thank you!
What will also interest you:
- Top 100 of the best places to visit and things to do in Portugal
- Discover the best Portuguese summer festivals!
- Discover here the best wine regions in Portugal!
- Discover the beautiful Portuguese traditions and the culture of this amazing country
- Top 10 of the best beaches in Portugal
- Discover the 7 Wonders of Portugal